Gosford Regional Community Services is our official legal name. We are also known as Wyoming Community Centre.
We are an independent Incorporated Association, a registered Charity and hold Deductible Gift Recipient Status.
We commenced operations in October, 1990 and officially opened on 6 December, 1991. Our Association is a non-profit, welfare, and benevolent organisation whose main objective is to provide assistance to the socially and economically disadvantaged within our community.
Our offices are based at the Wyoming Community Centre, 147 Maidens Brush Rd Wyoming. The Building is owned by Gosford City Council but managed under a licence arrangement by our organisation.
Statement of Purpose
Working Together to Build a Resilient Community.
GRCS is a not for profit, welfare and benevolent organization whose principal purpose is to advance social or public welfare and to relieve the effects of poverty. In order to fulfil this purpose the organisation undertakes a range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Delivering flexible support to children, young people, families and communities experiencing, or at risk of, vulnerability.
- Providing beneficial assistance to those in need including material aid and emergency financial relief to those experiencing financial hardship for any reason, including natural disasters.
- Providing opportunities for people with a physical or mental disability to participate equally in community.
- Establishing and operating child care facilities to provide care for school aged children before and after school hours and during school holidays.
- Providing approved services under the national disability insurance scheme.
- Providing community information, education and advocacy, community activities and a variety of other support services to empower people to deal with issues of importance to themselves and the community.
Click here if you would like to read our full mission statement.
Membership is open to all who have an interest in supporting our activities and programs. Annual membership is $5.00 per annum, plus a one-off joining fee of $1 per person. Membership can include up to two people at the same address. The membership year is 1st April to 31st March but you can join at any time. Members joining after 1st April each year will have their membership automatically rolled over to the next financial year. After the 1st full year of membership, discount for a renewal of $10 for 3 years is offered. Our Annual General Meeting is held in September or October each year and all members are encouraged to attend.
Gosford Regional Community Services Management
The organisation has a voluntary Board of Management which is made up of local residents and people who are committed to supporting our programs and activities. Board members are elected for a two year period at the Annual General Meeting each year. There are four office bearers and up to eight ordinary members. The current Board members are:
Chairperson: Susan Cleary
Vice Chair: Vicki Scott
Secretary: Rebecca Wild
Treasurer: Michael Daly
Ordinary Members: Jason Van Ritten, Helen Orchard, John Diamond.
If you are interested in joining our Board, please send an email to email@example.com or call 4323 7483.
Ms Kathy Sokk is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the organisation and is responsible for all operational matters and compliance with association policies and procedures.
The latest Annual Report can be accessed by clicking here.
To register to receive updates on our services and events, click here.